I love the new year because I feel like I am starting over. I am given a clean slate and a new page to rewrite my life. Last year was an okay year for me. I can’t say it was the worst but I expected it to end way better than the way it did. But truthfully, I really don’t have any complaints.
Last year’s recorded resolutions on this blog were to be a vegetarian for a the entire year (FAIL), workout (SEMI ACCOMPLISHED) and read a book a month (FAIL)!.
This year I am putting more thought and strategy in my resolutions. Living a healthy lifestyle is my life’s goal, so this year I will not include it in my list.
So far my 2014 list includes:
- Travel to 2 places on my “places I want to visit” list
- Build my brand (website, social media, content, logo)
- Network – do community service, attend a first Wednesday event, become active in a bar association
- Save more spend less (shopping will be at a minimum — Wear my closet!)
- Bake – I want to take on cookies, muffins and cakes
- Learn the art of photography
- Do a couple of photo shoots. Yes, I will be the photographer
- Celebrate my family and friends by being more kind and thoughtful (give bday gifts to my family and friends on their bdays)
- Go on dates — yes plural!
- Be a better employee
- Reconnect with an old friend every 2 weeks – give them a call/brunch/coffee
- Use my time wisely
- Do work at a coffee house on Saturday mornings
- Get another stream of income (Sell at the Swap Shop at least twice this year)
- Become more tech savvy.
- Study the Bible.
- Pray more! Monday night prayer.
- Read more! News Articles, Books, Magazines
- Do something cool to my hair
I think this is it for now. If I think of anything else I will add it to the list. I will be doing updates on my blog. Do you have any resolutions? If so, what are they?
Happy New Year!!!!