I love music — if I could blow, I would be too conceited. LOL! Last year I purchased a few songs (some were gifted) from iTunes and I have played them out.
- Love and War – Tamar Braxton. I am not a big fan of her other stuff, but this jam right here is bomb.com!
- Alone Together – Daley feat. Marsha Ambrosius. I heard this song and thought Marsha sang the entire song. When I found out a man was singing, I was blown. I can’t even sing with Daley because he sucks the breathe out of me. His voice and his conviction – hypnotizing.
- Black Beauty – Duke Ellington. Whenever this plays I start to snapping my fingers and creating my own lyrics. I feel like I’m Suge Avery. I’m not a jazz head but this song has gotten me to really appreciate the art form.
- Love and Happiness – Al Green. I Love Al Green! I saw him in concert at the Ravinia Festival in Chicago. When he starts stomping his foot – I’m ready to party!
- Awesome – Charles Jenkins and Fellowship Chicago. I love gospel songs that are simple and easy to learn. I love participating in worship. Although, this song is very simple the words are so powerful and true. Despite it all our God is awesome!
- Ain’t No Love in the Heart of the City – Bobby “Blue” Bland. Bobby’s voice is classic! I was introduced to this song after watching “The Lincoln Lawyer”.
- Stevie Wonder’s Songs in the Key of Life – the entire album. What more can I say, it’s Stevie! Some popular songs are “Knocks Me Off My Feet,” “Isn’t She Lovely,” “As” and a host of others you have heard of.
- So Gone – Jill Scott. Jill always makes me feel like a woman. She’s so sexy!
- A Couple of Forevers – Chrisette Michele. My girl. She cut her hair, got mad tattoos but is still the same Chrisette from her first album “I Am”. A great wedding song!
- Nobody but You – Algebra Blessett. She hasn’t popped off like she should but my girl, has the talent. When I heard this on satellite radio, I was overjoyed that she had a new single.
- Fire We Make – Alicia Keys feat. Maxwell. I love the chemistry between the two in the song. Maxwell has a way with words and Alicia is pulling out all of her sexiness on this track. Great duet!
This completes my favorite songs of 2013. Many of them did not come out last year but I played the crap out of them! I’m looking to adding songs to my favorites of 2014. What are some songs you had on repeat in 2013?